Welcome to the Lillooet Naturalist Society (LNS) web pages. Our purposes as outlined in our Constitition below include promoting the enjoyment and understanding of nature for naturalists and the public.
Our Fauna pages reference the mammals, reptiles and amphibians, bats, birds, insects and fish local to the Lillooet area.
Check the News page for upcoming events and activities. The Resources page provides links to a variety of interesting maps and research projects.
Vivian Birch-Jones, President Greg Smith, Treasurer Jeff O'Kelly, Secretary
Wayne Robinson, Director Doug Grossler, Director Simon Warhurst, Director
*You will need Adobe Reader® to view this and other Adobe PDF files on this web site.
Download a free copy of Adobe Reader®.
Lillooet Naturalist Society
c/o P.O. Box 1065
Lillooet, BC V0K 1V0
SOCIETY ACT - CONSTITUTION
The name of the society is Lillooet Naturalist Society.
The purposes of the society are:
- To promote the enjoyment and understanding of nature by our members and the public.
- To encourage the establishment of protected natural areas, as represented in parks, ecological reserves, wilderness areas, wildlife management areas, wild and scenic rivers and other such protected areas.
- To defend the integrity of existing sanctuaries.
- To promote and engage in the funding and research needed for protecting the integrity of all natural ecosystems.
- To encourage and engage in the protection and restoration of threatened and endangered species, with special attention to the preservation of essential habitats.